Unit Standards Covered
|10294||Identify and Respond to Learners with Special Needs and Barriers to Learning||5||10|
|114924||Demonstrate an Understanding of the OB Education and Training approach within the context of a NQF||5||5|
|115753||Conduct Outcomes-Based Assessment||5||10|
|115755||Design and Develop Outcomes-Based Assessments||6||10|
|115759||Conduct Moderation of Outcomes-based Assessment||6||10|
|115789||Sustain oral interaction across a wide range of contexts and critically evaluate spoken texts||5||5|
|115790||Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts||5||5|
|117865||Assist and support learners to manage their learning experiences||4||5|
|117871||Facilitate Learning Using a Variety of Methodologies||5||15|
|117874||Guide learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities||5||6|
|123394||Develop outcomes-based learning programmes||5||10|
|123396||Define target audience profiles and skills gaps||4||6|
|123397||Evaluate a Learning Intervention||5||10|
|123401||Design outcomes-based learning programmes||6||15|
|15217||Develop an organizational training and development plan||5||6|
|15218||Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes||4||6|
|15221||Provide information and advise regarding skills development and related issues||5||4|
|15227||Conduct skills development administration in an organization||4||4|
|15232||Co-ordinate planned skills development interventions in an organization||5||6|
The NQF Level 5 OD-ETDP’s five modules are offered over a 1-year period, 5 days a month. They focus on preparing training and development employees to design, implement, assess and manage as well as quality control learning and development in their workplaces
Learners must have:
- Grade 12 certificate, or equivalent with two official languages OR
- Level 4 FET Certificate in OD-ETD practices
- Expertise in the subject/field in which they intend to provide education, training and development.
- Unit standards 123396, 10294, 117865 and 15227 will be recognized as prior learning based on a Level 4 FET Certificate
Five study schools of 5 days plus two on-site assessments.
This qualification is aimed at facilitators, assessors, learning and learning supporters, skills development facilitators, and anyone else who has experience, but no formal qualification in the ETD field. The qualification will provide practitioners with general ETD skills across a number of key ETD roles,
Assessment will be based on portfolios of evidence which must be submitted to QPD Consultants after each study school. Study schools 2 and 4 also have on-site assessments.
Upon completion of all five portfolios and two on-site assessments, the learner will received an endorsed certificate for the full qualification worth 140 credits. This qualifies the learner to enroll for the Diploma in OD ETD Practices.
Study School 1:
Skills Development Facilitation
- Learners will acquire the competence to conduct the company’s manpower needs analysis and align individual training needs with that of the company as well as the sector and national skills development strategy.
- Learner will be able to draw up a skills matrix and individual development plans as well as a workplace skills plan.
- Learners will, as SDF, be able to manage the implementation of the WSP and ATR in a well-structured administration system by involving all role players including the training committee.
Study School 2:
Assessment in the NQF Context
- Learners develop the competence to conduct assessments according to SAQA unit standards and management information systems. This module includes the NQF principles and all the relevant skills development legislation.
Study School 3:
Design and Develop Training Material
- This program will introduce participants to the principles of designing and developing learning strategies and training material according to SAQA qualifications and unit standards that will in particular be implemented in workplace environments. Learning will confirm how to implement learning strategies that not only contribute to satisfying individual learning needs, but also enhance an organisation’s competitive advantage.
Study School 4::
Facilitation and Evaluation
- Learner acquires the knowledge and skills necessary to present, assesses and evaluate training; to measure, and ensure the effectiveness of the training process whilst providing support to learners during all phases of learning.
Study School 5:
Design, develop and evaluate assessments
- This include aspects such as the design, development and evaluation of assessments, learning as well as learning materials, evaluation of learning and behaviour and management of data.