Unit Standards Covered
|10294||Identify and Respond to Learners with Special Needs and Barriers to Learning||5||10|
|114924||Demonstrate an Understanding of the OB Education and Training approach within the context of a NQF||5||5|
|117871||Facilitate Learning Using a Variety of Methodologies||5||15|
|123397||Evaluate a Learning Intervention||5||10|
People who have achieved this unit standard will be able to draw up a plan to implement the NQF; identify learner’s training needs and goals, decide on the most appropriate facilitation methods and activities, plan and deliver training sessions; identify any learners with special needs or barriers to learning and accommodate these; evaluate the learning sessions, and reflect on them.
A learner wishing to enter for this course must already be competent in the learning area in which he/she will provide training
Five days plus one day on-site assessment two weeks later
This skills program is suitable for individuals who need to develop the skills to facilitate learning using outcomes based methodology, which differs vastly from the traditional teaching and lecturing style such as HR and HRD Practitioner, teachers, lecturers as well as trainers.
This competence is core to ETD practice and provides a basis for the further development of the practitioner’s facilitation skills on the part of an ETD practitioner.
Learners complete formative activities in the workshop.
Learners will prepare and deliver a presentation on the last day of the workshop in preparation for the final assessment two weeks later.
An observed assessment of learner’s performance will be conducted two weeks later. Learners submit their portfolio on the same day.
Once a learner has been declared competent, his/her results are forwarded to the ETDP SETA for endorsement. A nationally recognised certificate is issued.
Learners will be able to:
- Draw up a plan to implement NQF within an organisation
- Plan and prepare for facilitation
- Facilitate learning;
- Identify learners with special needs and /or barriers to learning; support them and refer if necessary
- Evaluate learning and facilitation.
- Understand and explain:
- At least three methodologies for facilitating learning
- Strategies, techniques and activities for using the kinds of support materials and/or equipment appropriate to facilitation methodologies.
- Evaluation methods for evaluating learning and facilitation.
- Psychology of group dynamics.
- Outcomes-based approach to learning