Unit Standards Covered
|115755||Design and Develop Outcomes-Based Assessments||6||10|
People who have achieved this unit standard will be able to design and develop assessments to facilitate consistent, credible, reliable, fair, and unbiased assessments of learning outcomes.
A learner wishing to enter for this course:
- Has already achieved unit standard Conduct Outcomes-based assess-ment or equivalent.
- Is competent in the relevant field in which they are designing assess-ments, or have access to subject matter experts.
- Is able to analyse and interpret the relevant outcomes (or standards).
Two–day workshop plus one support day.
This course is suitable for anyone who will, or intends to design and develop OB assessments. It is thus intended for:
- HR and HRD practitioners
- Teachers, lecturers and trainers
- Assessors and moderators
- ETD practitioners, or anyone wanting to enter this field
The newly acquired skills and knowledge will allow the learner to design and develop assessments within any field of learning in line with their subject matter expertise.
QPD will assess and moderate the portfolio of evidence to confirm status of competency.
If learner is found to be not yet competent, learner will be requested to submit additional evidence for a second assessment
Once a learner has been declared competent, his/her results are forwarded to the ETDP SETA for endorsement. A nationally recognised certificate is issued which give learner automatic entry into the Certificate programme.
On completion of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Design outcomes-based assessments.
- Develop assessment activities.
- Develop assessment guides.
- Evaluate assessment designs and guides.
Learners will thus be taught how to:
- Interpret and analyse unit standards and qualifications.
- Identify sources and types of evidence.
- Design an assessment strategy.
- Design an assessment tool relevant to organisation’s needs.
- Evaluate assessment designs and guides in order to recommend improvement.
- Design an assessment guide framework.