Unit Standards Covered
|123394||Develop outcomes-based learning programmes||5||10|
|123396||Define target audience profiles and skills gaps||4||6|
|123401||Design outcomes-based learning programmes||6||15|
The purpose of this unit is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to design and develop learning programmes based on SAQA unit standards or qualifications.
A learner wishing to enter for this course :
- Is competent in the relevant field in which they are designing training material, or have access to subject matter experts.
- Is able to analyse and interpret the relevant outcomes (or standards).
Four–day workshop plus one support day.
This course is suitable for anyone who will, or intends to design and develop training material. It is thus intended for:
- HRD practitioners
- Teachers, lecturers and trainers
- Assessors and moderators
- ETD practitioners, or anyone wanting to enter this field
This program will introduce participants to the principles of designing and developing learning strategies and training material according to SAQA qualifications and unit standards that will in particular be implemented in workplace environments. Learning will confirm how to implement learning strategies that not only contribute to satisfying individual learning needs, but also enhance an organisation’s competitive advantage.
Assessment methods include:
- structured activities (e.g. simulation exercises, projects, demonstration, activity sheets)
- questioning (e.g. computer, oral, written questions)
- summative assessment of a portfolio of evidence
Once a learner has been declared competent, his/her results are forwarded to the ETDP SETA for endorsement. A nationally recognised certificate is issued.
Learners will be able to:
- Prepare to profile learners and carry out a basic skills audit.
- Compile a report on the target audience profile and skills gaps.
- Draft learning outcomes for the programme.
- Conduct analysis for learning design.
- Design the learning programme.
- Draft a brief for the development of the learning programme.
- Evaluate learning design.
- Plan and prepare for development.
- Develop learning materials.
- Develop learning facilitation guidelines.
- Pilot and evaluate the development.