|117877||Perform one-to-one training on the job||3||4|
Practitioners who have achieved this unit standard will be able to perform one-to-one on the job training. They will thus be able to a learner in a specific skill or task; evaluate their progress and judge whether the learner is ready for assessment.
Proficiency in general administration skills, computer literacy and communication at NQF level 3.
Three days which includes on-site assessments on day 3.
Who should attend?:
This skills program is aimed at instructors, trainers and training officers, and any employee who functions in the role of a coach but who has not been formally trained. It also forms a stepping stone for anyone wishing to pursue a career in OD-ETD Practices.
What’s in it for the learner?:
The learner will be taught:
- How to conduct individual training sessions based on the basics and principles of the SAQA/NQF structure.
- How to identify performance gaps and how to bridge these with coaching.
- How to prepare for and conduct coaching sessions.
- How to compile coaching reports and evaluate the success of the coaching session.
- Assessment will be based on a portfolio of evidence as well as an on-site assessment.
- QPD Assessor will observe the demonstration of learner’s ability to prepare and conduct a coaching session.
- Portfolios will be signed off by the assessor and taken in at the on-site assessment.
Once a learner has been declared competent, his/her results are forwarded to the ETDP SETA for endorsement. A nationally recognised certificate is issued which give learner automatic entry into the Certificate program.
On completion of the workshop:
Learners will be able to:
- Prepare for one-to-one training on the job
- Conduct training sessions
- Monitor and report on learner progress
- Review training.