|10294||Identify and Respond to Learners with Special Needs and Barriers to Learning||5||10|
People who have achieved this unit standard will be able to conduct outcomes-based assessments according to pre-designed assessment guides within their fields of expertise as required by SAQA. They will also be able to register as an assessor at their relevant ETQA.
A learner wishing to enter this course does not need previous assessment experience. It is assumed, though, that the learner has deep subject matter understanding and knowledge about the outcomes being assessed at a theoretical and practical level but that does not necessarily include practical ability in the outcome.
Five days including one day on-site assessment two weeks later
The training is suitable for trainers, ETD’s, HR and line managers, supervisors, subject matter specialists, coaches and mentors who need to:
- develop assessment instruments
- conduct workplace assessments
- assess competence
- manage training quality assurance
- evaluate training to NQF standards
- evaluate prior learning.
The newly acquired skills and knowledge will allow learners to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise. It will also allow the learner to conduct assessments in RPL situations.
Learner conducts first formative assessment on fifth day of training session. The learner then conducts a second summative on-site assessment observed by a QPD assessor two weeks later. Learner finalises and submits portfolio on the same day.
Once a learner has been declared competent, his/her results are forwarded to the ETDP SETA for endorsement. A nationally recognised certificate is issued which give learner automatic entry into the Certificate programme.
Learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of outcomes-based assessment and how it should work
- Prepare for assessment, ensuring that all the elements necessary to complete the process are in place
- Conduct assessments in an efficient and effective way without putting learners under undue pressure
- Provide feedback on assessments in a way that ensures the learner is fully informed on his or her performance
- Review assessments so that the organization can be sure that the process is being applied consistently.